Are you planning to elope at Travis County Courthouse? First off, I want to say congratulations on an exciting new adventure with your forever person! As an Austin Wedding Photographer, I have had the pleasure to document and photograph all different kinds of beautiful weddings in Austin, Texas. I can reassure you eloping at Travis County Courthouse is just as special as a traditional wedding. As long as you and your partner are happy, no one else’s opinion matters.
How To Elope at Travis County Courthouse
- Acquire a marriage license. You must get your license no later than 3 days before your ceremony, and no earlier than 90 days before your ceremony. Texas has a 72 hour waiting period. You apply for your wedding license at Travis County Clerk’s Office (5501 Airport Blvd). Their hours are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm. Make sure you and your partner bring proof of identity and know your SSN. The fee for your marriage license is $81 USD.
- You have the option to choose between a provided judge or your own office of religious organization.
- Make sure to schedule an appointment at one of the five precincts.
- Precinct One: Address: 4717 Heflin Lane, Suite 107 Austin, TX 78721 Contact Info: Phone: (512) 854-7700. Email: JP1@traviscountytx.gov
- Precinct Two: Address: 10409 Burnet Road Suite 180 Austin, TX 78758 Contact Info: Phone: (512) 854-4545. Email: JP2Weddings@traviscountytx.gov
- Precinct Three: Address: 8656-B West Hwy 71 Austin, Texas 78735 Contact Info: Phone: 512-854-6763. Email: JP3Weddings@traviscountytx.gov
- Precinct Four: Address: 4011 McKinney Falls Parkway, Suite 1200 Austin, Texas 78744 Contact Info: Phone: (512) 854-9478 or (512) 854-9479
- Precinct Five: Address: Historic Travis County Civil Courthouse located on the first floor of 1000 Guadalupe St, Ste. 112 Austin, TX Contact Info: Phone: (512) 854-9049. Email: JP5Weddings@traviscountytx.gov
- Arrive day of scheduled appointment, pay the $80 cash fee. Make sure to arrive early.
- GET MARRIED and enjoy your day with your partner and your guests (if you decide to have guests). Number of guests allowed in the courthouse ceremony varies between precincts, but it is typically no more than 30 guests.
- Have the authorized person sign the marriage certificate, and make sure to return your marriage license within 30 days to the Travis County Clerk’s Office.
- Hire Riley Glenn Photography to photograph your ceremony and special day!
Austin Wedding Photographer | Riley Glenn Photography
Remember at the end of they day what you and your other half decide to do on your wedding day is what truly matters. If you have any questions about eloping or would like to hire us for your wedding day, visit here to learn more!