There are many alternative ways to walk down the aisle from the traditional. Your wedding ceremony is one of the most memorable parts of your special day. Hi, I’m Riley Glenn, an Austin, Texas wedding photographer, here to remind you to plan your wedding your way regardless of “traditions”. If the conventional way where one walks down the aisle with their father, then by all means change it up. I am 100% behind your decision to ditch the traditional wedding walk down the aisle way.
Reasons you may want to consider a different way to walk down the aisle:
- You are nervous to have all eyes on you when you walk down the aisle.
- You are not close to your parents.
- You want to ditch heteronormative wedding traditions.
Whatever you’re reasoning to a different way to walking down the aisle, you are free to spice it up to you and your partner’s liking! Long gone are the days where traditional wedding norms were the only way to plan a wedding. You have creative freedom to walk down the aisle any way you and your significant other are comfortable with.
Alternative Ways To Walk Down:
- Y Shape
- A Line
- Each partner solo & following each other
- Spouse waiting at the end while someone walks you down
- Release your guests to come to sit down while you are at the alter
- Dance down
- Religious traditions (like a doli)
There’s no right or wrong way to walk down the aisle. You just need to make it memorable by choosing something that makes sense for you and your future spouse. Remember your wedding day is a day you will remember for years to come so plan it how you want to! Looking for a wedding photographer to photograph your special day? Click here to learn more about my wedding packages!